Monday, January 21, 2013

Christmas Break in Oregon!

Fall semester ended well for both Tyler and I. The stress of classes was finally gone (till next semester) and we prepared to travel to Oregon. I bought a special pillow for my tail bone in hopes that the 12 hour trip won't create more flair ups with my cysts. Tyler went to work for the week, and then we headed out on Friday night and drove to Ontario and stopped for the night. We lucked out because the roads were not bad at all! It must have been all the prayers we said :). We got up early the next morning and headed on the road. We stopped shortly at Multnomah falls, and then headed on our way till we finally got to my Mom and Dad's house.

We played lots of games, and ate lots of good food. I gotta say I miss their cooking! I'm not as adventurous at our apartment and we have been eating a lot of the same meals. Lame, I know ;) . Christmas was great, and we loved our presents. When it gets warmer we will for sure be using our picnic basket and blanket!

Since we had so much time, we planned some trips. My goal was to sell Tyler on the Northwest! He had never been to Oregon before so it was my chance to show him what there is to love. We went to the Evergreen Aviation Museum one day and had fun looking at all the planes.
We also wanted to go to the coast. We chose a day when the weather was supposed to be good, or at least not raining, and headed out. I missed the beach so much! I love watching the waves. 
In front of Haystack Rock 

Mom, Emma, and Tyler


The last thing we did was go to Portland. My mom came with us and it was a good day! We went to Voodoo doughnuts and then China town to look at the stores. We also ate lunch there.

Maple Bacon, Voodoo Doll, and a Raspberry filled doughnut.

Tyler, Me, and Mom inside Voodoo. Finally in the warmth after waiting in  line! 

Then we went to Powell's City of books. It is the largest, new and used bookstore in the world. When we first walked in I didn't think it looked that impressive, until I noticed that each room lead to anther room, which lead to another room, which lead to another room. Each room was HUGE and they color coded them to help with finding the area you want to be. We didn't buy anything, but it was definitely a cool place!


It was so good to go home to Oregon and see everyone. I'm glad we were able to make it!


4 comments:

  1. It was definitely fun being all together for the holidays. Lots of fun games good food and great together time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family time is the BEST! I'm surprised it is Tyler's first time to go to Oregon! and OH, I would love that bookstore!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did have so fun didn't we :) I can't wait until the next family get together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so much fun to have family home for Christmas. I still remember when Tina and Trudy's family would come for Christmas. I remember how upset Justin was when they stayed home because he knew Santa wouldn't find them.

    Sounds like you had plenty of fun.

    ReplyDelete