Monday, November 24, 2008

Work, Work Work!!!

Lately have been working quite a bit. I haven't worked everyday, but enough that I am making some money. But I work for this elderly lady in my ward. She has me come over and clean her floors for her, because she has a bad back.

This 409 spray has been what I have had to use the entire time I have been at her house cleaning. She has me get down on my hands and knees, spraying this chemical on her floors, and then using paper towels to wipe it up. I am no complaining though, because it pays better than babysitting!!! lol


Recently, I have thought about looking for an actual job. My school has all of these trips that they take kids on in the summer time. I really would like to save up to go to Costa Rica, or even Europe! If I want to go on one of these trips, I figured I would have to save about 400 a month, for about a year, to have enough money. We will have to see how that works out, once I find a job. But until then, I will continue to clean for this lady!


What was your first job, and how old were you when you had it?

5 comments:

  1. I started working night shifts as a waitress when I was 14. I have no idea how my parents allowed me to do this. At least I lived in a tiny (and i mean tiny) town. I had this job until I graduated from high school. I worked weekends during the school year & more during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first job I had was car hopping out on Redwood road. It didn't last long. Then I went to Kentucky Fried Chicken. We lived in Murray at the time and I had to walk to State street (1 1/2 Miles) then catch the bus up to North Temple and then another one to the KFC out on North Temple a ways. It was scary at night to walk that 1 1/2 miles home. I was only 15 so that job didn't last long either. Finally I settled on cleaning house for my piano lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, mom, I don't think I ever knew that about you! Cool!

    My first job, if I don't count pulling weeds and popping dandelion heads, or working the injection molding machine for my dad would still be working for my dad. I was really young, can't remember what age not younger than 12, but somewhere around that age. My dad was the Justice of the Peace for Millard County, and I worked as his clerk and office secretary. He held court in his machine shop which had an office. I answered phones, kept his books, collected the tickets from the officers, posted them in the docket, collected the fines as they came in and sent out reminder letters to those who didn't pay their fines on time and charged them a late fee. I was pretty good at it I think, because the County Clerk didn't think such a youngster could do the job, had me audited and I kept the job. (at least that is how my memory served me) I got to know all the police officers by name, it was pretty fun.

    I love the fact that you are saving to go on a trip, what an awesome opportunity for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first job (besides babysitting) was cleaning a woman's house. Then I started lifeguarding. I hope you are able to save enough for a trip! It sounds really exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been very good at working for money, or working at all. But you go girl! my first job - besides babysitting- was at leo's, and there is no way I would have been able to even save 400 a month, I would have been lucky to save that in a year! I was paid badly, and I didn't work enough to earn anything!

    but it would be awesome to go on one of those trips! good luck!

    I think you are right about Sam, he loves Christmas and a little too much Santa!

    ReplyDelete