Friday, August 15, 2008

So far this week....

On Monday it was Tayler's birthday, so we all decided to go to Laser Port to play laser tag. Sydney and her cousins from Korea also came and joined in on the fun! I had a blast and I was happy to be out of the house to do something :)

On Tuesday for mutual we had a Tri-ward activity. It was a lot of fun but really messy :) They split us all into 5 teams and we went around to all of the stations to play the games. There was a Banana split making contest Where someone had to lay on the ground in front of a table while their partner had to try and drop all of the contents of the banana split into their bowl! So many people got splattered with chocolate syrup and whiped cream! There were also many water games and an egg toss. At the very end of the activity some people took the eggs and chucked them at people. So everyone went home wet, and gooey :)

On Thursday we got invited to go to the beach with a bunch of other families. Only my mom, Tayler, Emma, and I went though. Hope decided to stay home and my Dad was at work. It was a really nice and the sun was shining for the entire day! Usually when we go to the beach it is cloudy and cold! The best part was that i go a little darker but i got a sunburn on the back of my neck. Not too bad though for not wearing any sunscreen!

Today i just finished the book Angela's Ashes which I needed to read for school. It has taken me a really long time to read because I have been putting it off. Now all I have to do is take about 20 quotes from the book and analyze them and then I will be done! And later today i am going to go to my friends birthday party and I will be able to see all of my friends before school starts up again.

4 comments:

  1. I can think of a few things you can do :)

    I'm glad you had a good week. I hope you have fun tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound like you had a good week!

    I've always kind-of wanted to read Angela's Ashes. . . what did you think? Would you recommend it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun. Are you excited to go back to school?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had fun this week and have done some fun things over the entire summer. The summer has gone to fast for me. I can't believe it is the middle of August already.

    ReplyDelete